Monday, January 31, 2011

My hubby is trying to kill me.

My dear hubby is trying to kill me.  He has gotten it into his head he wants to do the Insanity program and wants me to do it with him.  I have no choice by to comply.  I can't say it is a bad idea, but I am so out of shape and I refuse to go out and workout in public. So this is it. Tonight is the first night so tomorrow I may tell you a tale of woe is me LOL.

This morning I started my day with a Green Guru Smoothie:
Kris Carr’s Green Smoothie
Makes enough for 2 people. You can adjust the recipe accordingly. My taste buds are different than yours so don’t be afraid to play!
-1 Avocado
-1-2 pieces of low glycemic fruit: we love green apple, pear, berries & cantaloupe
-1 Cucumber
-A bit of kale or romaine or spinach
-Coconut water (or purified water)
-Stevia to taste
*You can also add a sprinkle of cinnamon and some cacao.
*You can also use coconut meat or almond butter or nut milk in place of avocado

Make sure you use your blender and use the puree or liquefy button.  Don't be in a rush or you will have some chunks. I liquefy for a minute and then blend for a minute and its great.  I also add some extra liquid as I don't like things so THICK.

I have also changed things up by adding a fist full of spinach, an apple, some lime juice. skipping the avocado at lunch time.  This stuff gives me a big time boost.  I even stopped drinking coffee.

My start weight is 209 so we shall see.  I will start weigh in Mondays.  The rest of the week will tell the tale of my little journey to better health.

No comments: